Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Did You Know?


***Please note any and all images you see from our artisans belong TO the artisans so please respect copyrights and our artists by not copying them. If you'd like to share something you see on this blog, please do, but always link back to the artist and ask permission if in doubt.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Artist of the Week!

Congratulations to JaNae of Signs of Patriotism as this week's featured artist! Both of her shops have such wonderful things! After visiting the shops, you will truly appreciate the items that she has made! Read more to learn about this talented artist!


 My name is JaNae Manley. I am the wife of a retired Army soldier, mother of 2 and Mimi to 2 :)


I got started crafting when my husband was stationed overseas in Panama and the jobs were limited. Fortunately for me I moved into a neighborhood of crafters that consigned at a local on base craft shop this was in 1994 and from there as they say the rest is history :)


A typical day starts for me about 7am I spend the first hour or so catching up on emails and my Facebook, which might I say has been a priceless marketing tool. Then I head to town to spend some volunteer time at a store that features my products while in town I will pick up need supplies, go to any committee meetings (I try to stay very involved in our historic downtown committees as our store is located in this area) then head home to start working on orders that have come in from either my website or Etsy.



I love Louisiana!! My husband and I are not natives, but have chosen to make this our home after we retired from the Army. I love the food, people and the history, what a wonderful place to live!!


Enjoy every minute of living here, it is truly a unique experience! Living in a military town where folks come and go often I get alot of chances to talk about LA and do, LOL.


Even though I make signs, which I do love doing, I truly miss tole painting that I started doing in the beginning. I still get orders every once in awhile, but there isn't quite the demand there used to so I stick with the signs and love when someone comes to pick a special order up and they get teary eyed because it brings back a memory or feeling for them that was special, I love contributing to that.


I think I have a tie on food, I love crawfish!!! But in the winter I can't wait for that first pot of gumbo :)


Visit a few sites to see Signs of Patriotism:

SHOPS!
http://www.signsofpatriotism.com/
www.etsy.com/shop/signsofpatriotism08


FACEBOOK!

BLOG!

1 comment:

  1. Very inspiring! We love Louisiana, but were born here. Thanks for sharing your story!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails