Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Did You Know?


***Please note any and all images you see from our artisans belong TO the artisans so please respect copyrights and our artists by not copying them. If you'd like to share something you see on this blog, please do, but always link back to the artist and ask permission if in doubt.

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Member Artisan Feature: Still Waters Jewelry


Meet Eslie, artist/owner Still Waters Jewelry. She’s been creating beautiful handcrafted jewelry for ten years, specializing in hand knotting pearls on silk cord, as well as intricate wirework.


When asked how she got her start, Eslie says, “I have always loved creating, gave me a sense of independence when I was a kid.” The best thing about the work she does is being able to create all hours of the day.

She derives inspiration from the various colors found in nature, as well as classic pieces from the 1940s, 50s and 60s. Among her favorite pieces are wire rings and cuff bracelets.


Eslie’s biggest challenge is one that many of us share: finding consistency in selling.

An important piece of advice that Eslie shares is to create what you love, but also be open to your customer’s input.


Eslie’s connections to Louisiana, and especially the New Orleans area, run deeply. “I grew up in New Orleans since I was 8 yrs old. The city always meant so much but after Katrina I felt the need to do my part to help the city. Through my artistic ability I am able to help community through the art markets I do,” she explains.

She considers herself lucky to be happily married to a man that supports Eslie’s love of art markets in the city.

To learn more about Eslie’s beautiful creations, visit:


or her Facebook Page: Still Waters Jewelry

2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails